Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Grand River and Downtown Grand Rapids

Kate, here's my contribution to today's virtual sketch crawl. The sketch is of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. The river in the foreground is the Grand River, which flows through town and on to Lake Michigan. Today was the warmest we've had all spring. The trees here are just beginning to bud out.

The location for the sketch was a great spot at the river-front park in front of the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum.

I haven't posted in a while. Winter up here doesn't encourage me to get out and do art. So today was a great day to be out. Warm and sunny. Super to be in the park.




3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Spring, Dave! Those flowering pink trees along the embankment are particularly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful and full of memories, my family background was Grand Rapids and Cedar Springs , Mi. I have many Cousins in the area and have fond memories. Great sketch. This is what's great with urban sketching. Ps, BECKER That's my family's name lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful and full of memories, my family background was Grand Rapids and Cedar Springs , Mi. I have many Cousins in the area and have fond memories. Great sketch. This is what's great with urban sketching. Ps, BECKER That's my family's name lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...