Sunday, February 12, 2017

USk Lawrence February Sketch Crawl

I recently found out about the Urban Sketchers Lawrence group. My second outing with them was this morning. We met at the local Lawrence bowling alley. It reminded me of the bowling alley in Topeka that I went to as a youth. Nice clean place. The bowling balls are more colorful than in my youth.

We had time to sketch and chat, and met at the donut shop in the same shopping center to share drawings. All in all . . . a great day.

I warmed up with some quick gesture sketching using my Pentel pocket brushpen (just love that pen). Then I went on to this sketch. Fountain pen, watercolor pencils and waterbursh. I love all the leading lines! The blue animal took me some time to figure out. It took some kids showing up and using them for the light bulb to come on.

Some of us talked about the upcoming USk Symposium in Chicago. Sure looks like a good time.


1 comment:

  1. John, how wonderful! I'm so glad you found a closer group, and I love your skech.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...