Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Spring...Rockford, Michigan

It's finally warming up here in Michigan. So this afternoon I got out my art bag and took my portable chair and the dog for a short walk to the entrance of the condo association where my wife and I live. I sketched this scene of the mini farm that's directly across the street from us. The person who owns the place has goats, a couple of horses, and chickens...we hear the rooster in the morning.

It was a great afternoon to be out and was fun to do some art work again. It's also quite beautiful here, now, in Rockford where we live. The flowering trees are blossoming and the forests that surround us are taking on tinges of greens and yellows as the leaves begin to poke out as we head into spring. One of the great things about Rockford is that you don't have to go far to be out in the country.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice place to be! Your explanation of the setting makes it feel all the more inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, Dave! I really like how restrained your forest is...really leads the eye!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...