Monday, September 24, 2012

September Sketchcrawl

We were small but mighty at our September sketchcrawl at Belvoir Winery in Liberty! Vicky was the only other sketcher, but we had a wonderful time sketching, sharing art supplies, giving eachother prezzies, exploring, and having a delicious early dinner at Conrad's before she and Bill set out on their 3-hour drive home.  You saw her account in this post.  (I'm a tad slow!)

There's so MUCH to sketch there, it's hard to know where to begin.
Here's Vicky's "studio"...
And here's mine...a circular double chaise that had seen better days!  I balanced between the slats...

Joseph found a perch!

This is what I was sketching from the chaise...the ruins of a beautiful old building.  The other spread was all done at the main entrance.


Bill and Vicky--he's such a patient man!

8 comments:

  1. Kate...beautiful work with the building!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dave...it's an amazing old place, once the Odd Fellows home, and at some point a hotel, I'm told. Fun inside and out!

      Delete
  2. You ARE a tad late --- I'd been wondering . . . .
    I LOVE your sketches. They capture the place so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't feel finished with the one of the ruin! We all got hungry before I was quite done--so I tweaked it a bit.

      Delete
    2. It looks finished to me now. So lively for an old forgotten ruin.

      Delete
  3. Love all of them! Especially love the foliage on the last sketch - want to be able to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex! I like loose blobs with a few details...

      Delete
  4. Great to be introduced to Vicky via your sketch and photo. I love how she's intensely observing over her glasses.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...