Thursday, May 17, 2012

From Chicago with love



Hello all! Kate invited me to participate in USk Midwest, and I accepted with delight. Thanks, Kate!

A little intro, perhaps. I am an urban sketcher and a painter. I live in Chicago, and you will likely see more Chicago sketches from me. I have a blog - Pencil Scribbles - with more pictures and stuff if anyone is curious.

The sketch above is an old one, from a few years back, houses on Wayne street in my neighborhood. This little sketch got a new life recently, when Urban Sketchers Chicago was started last month. Barbara Weeks created a USk Chicago flyer and USk Chicago banner using this sketch. I am so much in love with her design I use every opportunity to show it:



8 comments:

  1. Welcome Alex! Thanks for your kind words. Your sketch of a Chicago neighborhood was the perfect choice for the flyer and great to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard, Alex, we're pleased to have you. What link would you like for me to use with your name in our Midwest sketchers list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invite and welcome, Kate! Let's use my blog url for the link - http://pencilscribbles.wordpress.com/.

      Delete
  3. Spunky neighborhood sketch, Aliex! Welcome! And Barbara your flyer is so exciting. The Sears Tower: unmistakable--what a great emblem for your city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcia! Nice to meet you, and thank you for the welcome! This Sears Tower is just the thing, makes perfect sense for USk Chicago, very clever.

      Delete
  4. Welcome Alex! Thanks for your kind words. Your sketch of a Chicago neighborhood was the perfect choice for the flyer and great to work with. chicago banners

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...