Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Taking a walk to Ted Drewes

As the weather is getting sunnier I am sure that I will be walking that direction more often. Here is a little sketch that I did before walking across the street to claim my reward for my hard work in the sun. I do a lot of black and white sketches, but I'm going to try to splash some color in my sketchbooks soon. Glad to be able to share here with friends. See you soon....

Ted Drewes Frozen Custard is on the 6700 Block of Chippewa. People stand outside and eat their  frozen custard from one of several locations of Ted Drewes Famous Frozen Custard treat. I Like to order a "Fox Treat", "Cardinal Sin" or "Terramizzou" sundae from the many flavors. Today I tried the "Dutch Treat" sundae instead of the usual. It has caramel and pecans. Delicious!

TedDrewes

9 comments:

  1. I thought frozen custard was something from the past, replaced by soft serve, DQ, and the like. So it’s neat to see that it’s alive and thriving in the Midwest. What city is this, Brian? (perhaps you could tell us through a tag). Nice sketch! I like how the words hold the drawing and the hovering compass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are (or at least there were a few years ago) a couple of frozen custard stands that open up for the warmer months in Front Royal, VA. So it's alive and well in the east also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, fun! We have a frozen custard around here too! Not as charming as yours, though, Brian. And yes, do please add tags/labels so we can find you again--your name, state, city, whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see your sketch(& Drewes) on USK Midwest Brian! Dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, frozen custard is definitely something in the now around town here in Saint Louis, MO. VA, eh? Think I'm gonna have to take a drive up and down the east coast sometime. Never done it yet! Thanks Michael, Kate, Joseph and Marcia!
    ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Brian, hope you'll sketch what you find! We'll be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frozen custard isn't my thing but this sketch is delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...