Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Same subjects, different views




I too went sketching with USk Chicago on Sunday, during NATO visit to Chicago. I was sitting right next to Barbara, so it is no wonder we had same subjects to sketch.

Here's my version of Flon Flon & Musette quartet, as well as Sketching the Sketcher fun. This is Laurie, a USk Chicago member. She brought a pillow to sit on, how ingenious is that! I am often hesitant about sketching people, because I am fairly slow and people tend to move too fast. Sketching a Sketcher you can be reasonably sure she's not going to move, at least not for a little while.

At least one Chicago sketcher has found USk Chicago by reading this very blog. Should more Chicagoans land here, I want to mention that USk Chicago will be meeting in Chinatown on Sunday, June 17 at 12noon. Find us by the red gate/bridge at the entrance of Wentworth St, a few steps south of Cermak Rd.


7 comments:

  1. You've done a great job with the musicians and their instruments! Great to have you on-board, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marcia! I think the instruments came out better than people, what can you do... lol. Great to be here!

      Delete
  2. How cool! I love to see different artists' take on the same subject, thank you Alex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought a different take would be interesting to show. I didn't want to post at first, but this thought made me change my mind. Thanks, Kate!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful sketches!!! Thanks for sharing what is happening in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the comment, Don! Come and sketch with us when you come to Chicago, lots of things to draw here!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...