Monday, February 13, 2012

random bits

(63) running errrands by vickylw
(63) running errrands, a photo by vickylw on Flickr.
Bill took a personal day Friday and we ran errands for his current woodworking projects. I sketched a bit here and there from the car at the various places --- no planning or thought went into this spread. I had planned on adding the industrial area behind the sign, but two trucks drove up and blocked my view completely.

Winter has finally arrived in a serious way. Very cold and blustery out there. Which made the green sprigs of grass popping up behind the gas meter seem totally out of place.

6 comments:

  1. Even with no planning, there’s a strong sense of design to this spread. I love how the white gouache looks on the tinted paper and serves as a unifying element. I love that green gas meter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marcia! I planned on so much more, but sometimes the sketching seems to take it's own path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gas meter too, and the way you've indicated the brickwork behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving these toned paper sketches. And ooooh, big tool store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Big Tool Store is for Bill as the best art supply store is for us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...