Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Back Alleys

My sketch, done with a Hero pen on S & B Beta paper...FUN line variation
And this is where I've stopped...
I really enjoy the almost universal feel of back alleys.  This is the back of an apartment building in my town.  I've sketched the front before, but I really love that back view, with balconies, staircases, potted plants, antennas...it could almost be anywhere!

I wanted to keep it simple, so stopped before I killed the sparkle or got it all muddy...

You can see more step-by-step stuff on that sketch on our Artist's Journal Workshop blog!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Kate! The color really adds so much depth to this piece. The white space you've left is perfect and you've achieved a wonderful balance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Don! Sometimes it's hard to remind myself to STOP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it as line drawing and I love it with color! Back views are most interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This could me an alley in my neighborhood. I love the thoughts behind the stages that you posted on Artist Journal Workshop.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...