Thursday, June 14, 2012

Metro 5th & Missouri station, East St. Louis, IL

Metro Link light-rail trains connect the Illinois and the Missouri sides of the St. Louis metropolitan area with many stops along its two lines including Lambert International Airport, University of Missouri, Washington University School of Medicine, Busch Stadium and downtown. It is a popular form of transportation for daily commuters and students, travelers and sports fans.The down time between trains which run every 10-15 minutes makes for great sketch time. Although I completed most of this sketch while waiting on the platform I painted the train later from memory.

Painted with Brushes for iPhone.

6 comments:

  1. Great light and shade. What a spot on memory! Another winning iPhone sketch. You're tempting me to try this on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of it as a digital sketch pad with a phone attached. Thanks Marcia & Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll admit I'm missing the wonderful variations in your watercolors, though...but then I'm a watercolor Luddite!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...