Tuesday, June 12, 2012



More images from my recent trip to Virginia.  Monticello was the home of Thomas Jefferson and is an absolutely phenomenal place.  Mt. Vernon was the home of George Washington and is equally as impressive in not only what it is but in where it is.  The views of the Potomac River from the back side of this house are breathtaking.  I was down to the very back page of my watercolor moleskine so I did the sketch of the cupola on Mt. Vernon that you see here.  I tried to have fun with the sketches and the color that I added.  I painted from a small Koi watercolor set that provides a different color palette than what I normally paint with.  I hope you enjoy!    Don

7 comments:

  1. Beatiful....
    http://zeysimresim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these. I wish I'd been sketching when I saw Mt. Vernon, you really brought it back, Don.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all so much! The trip was great and the sketches hold many great memories. I look forward to sharing much more in the coming days. Don

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Koi colors enhance your drawings nicely! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your VIrginia sketches. You've capture the beauty of the state.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...