Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Carpet of Violets and Dandelions in Cedar Falls, Iowa



Today I took my easel to Black Hawk Park, a few minutes by car from my house. I walk there regularly. When I saw this yesterday, I knew I had to come back before the color faded or the mowers were dispatched. I spend too much time sitting (looking at all the wonderful artwork on flickr or sketching from my folding stool), so I decided to stand next to my portable easel, set in the tabletop position. This was my first plein-air drawing of the season here in Cedar Falls, Iowa.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful color & technique!! Looks like a wonderful place to sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Don! This park is beautiful and wild--located by a bend in the Cedar River.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...