Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sh-h-h!



Our Chicago Monday sketch group met on Wednesday this month due  to the Easter holiday.  We call ourselves a sketching group but I think we're a chatting group that sketches -even in the the Newberry Library where we met. Either way we have a good time. 
Right now the Newberry is hosting the Chicago Calligraphy Collectives annual exhibit, a remarkably beautiful show. I'm amazed at the creativity and skill of these artists. I'm envious!
These pages, done in my 8 x11.5 Moleskine watercolor book, are just some fast visual notes from the library lobby. Nothing much or great going on but it is what it is and I enjoyed doing it. 
I'll be glad when the weather warms up so we can move outside!

6 comments:

  1. Nice sketch! I'm part of the Chicago Calligraphy Collective (but I've not yet had anything accepted for the annual Newberry Show). I'm also trying to learn how to keep a sketchbook journal, so I love the postings on this blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Check out the book Artist's Journal Workshop in the sidebar here. It's great! If your in the city and interested in sketching with the Monday group contact me at info(at)remarquepaperworks(dot)com and I'll send you a schedule.

      Delete
  2. Some really delectable details on these page. The tops to the columns and the person with the computer monitor, especially. Getting outside in the warmer seasons really opens a whole new sketching world. It’s coming, it’s coming......

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a wonderful place! All your little vignettes make it so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Newberry is one of those little treasures that's often over looked. On one weekend in the summer in the park across the street, Washington Park a.k.a Bughouse Square, there's a speakers' rally-bring your own soap box (and they do). I'm looking forward to sketching the library's beautiful exterior then but I think the people watching may commandeer my pen and pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of it for decades, but never been to Chicago--except O'Hare!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...